Monday, August 29, 2016

Anchorage

Aug 29 Day 30
Skipped a day of blog, needed to do laundry and do nothing.
Today was eventful, I slid 10 ft down a mountain.
We decided to climb a mountain called Flat Top, how hard could that be it has a fat top, well not the case.  3.5 mile hike.  One of the tallest mountains in the area at 3600 ft.  I have the booboos to prove it.  Even with my walking sticks nothing stops you from sliding down gravel.  Good thing I had lots of padding on my butt.
A little bit about Flattop Mountain
If you can see the thing that looks like a pointed cloud in the sky that is 
Mt Denali or in the past called Mt McKinley

beautiful view from as far as we went
Kid with a drone that can fly 3 miles out but you had to allow power to return
Dom went about a 1/4 mile further before he gave up and came back.  I stopped at this point to wait for him.
Slid down on the gravel next to the stairs, the stairs looked worse then the side so bad decision.
Les would have been able to do this no sweat, balance is an issue with this climbing.
my Booboos
A neat pine cone that looked purple
Afterward I needed chocolate so went to the chocolate factory

No comments:

Post a Comment