Monday, August 15, 2016

WhiteHorse Yukon on the way to Valdez


Aug 15 Day 16
Well we have finally had some sun, thank you God.  We are on our way to Valdez Alaska and it is about 400 miles from Whitehorse.  What is interesting is we went from the Yukon to the USA and no border patrol.  We spent last night in Whitehorse and did all the laundry.  That was a chore 4 washing machines, 3 dryers.  Now I feel better since I was on my last pair of underwear.  Oh yes we are not Laundromat experts, we lost some of our clothes, must have forgot them in the machines.  I have to say when it's a driving day I can wear my PJ and slippers and never leave the RV, I love that.  We took the Alaskan highway to Tok and then The Tok Cutoff to highway 4 to Valdez.  The Tok cutoff was a rough stone road, all I could think about is the damage to our beautiful RV.  The US has to get busy repairing this Tok Cutoff.   
There is nothing between Whitehorse and Beaver Creek where we are spending the night.  Nothing, someone better have some babies we have a lot of land that needs people.  I did feel a little homesick, missing everyone.  These mountains interfere with wifi so no phone service.
This one photo looked like we were heading for a mountain, no tunnels in these mountains, and the other one is the baby blanket I finished for Mac, lots of time on the road.  Also I found out why there is no fresh fish to eat during our trip so far.  Apparently the gov. requires any fish be processed, so the small restaurants can't serve it fresh out of the water because it's against the law.  So since there are no processing plants in southeast Alaska no fresh fish. I heard one Cruise ship guy say the halibut on the ship was better then they had in Skagway.  Now I believe him.The ships may be getting the fresh fish from Alaska.




No comments:

Post a Comment